We follow the #1 rule. "Don't be a dick." Be kind to one another, we all come from different places in our lives and we all are worthy of respect.
The below is a list of topics that you may come across during your weekend. This is not an exhaustive list but it is provided for you so you may decide if Dystopia Rising is right for you.
Dystopia Rising Events Contains:
- Acts of Violence, Torture, and Character Death.
- Amoral Characterizations.
- Communal Living Spaces.
- Community Building In and Out of Character.
- Conspiracy Theory Themes.
- Cooking (In-Game utility, with both professional and hobbyist Out-of-Game cooks).
- Dark Humor.
- Discover-able/Hidden World Content (Blueprints for Equipment, Story Lore Evolution).
- In-Game Entertainment (music, games, activities meant for leisure).
- Focus on Player Character Verses Environment with occasional Player Character Verses Player Character Conflict.
- Explosions/Fog/ Low Light/ and other Visual Hindrances.
- Gender-Neutral Shared Bathrooms and Showers (Outhouses available for privacy as needed).
- High Technology Setting (for a post-apocalyptic world).
- Horror Movie Style Themes.
- Images of Visceral Horror.
- Intensely Emotional Environments.
- Ironworks Setting (see Dystopia Rising Table Top Game Universe Book "Axis of Blood and Iron").
- Jump Scares.
- Lightest Touch Combat Simulation.
- Materials and cannon materials based on the Dystopia Rising Table Top Game Universe.
- Military Characters (primarily Navy).
- Monsters (Zombies, Clowns, Raiders, Mutants, and more).
- Nighttime Attacks and All-Hour “On Guard” Environment.
- Non-Player Characters to Represent Friends and Enemies (undead, semi-dead, and living).
- Physically Demanding Experiences (Running, Climbing, Simulated Fighting, Hiking).
- Political Intrigue.
- Prop Focused Materials System.
- Sandbox Style Storytelling.
- Self-Driven Plot (plot with no NPCs, on your terms).
- Self-Managed Engagement.
- Simulated Drug Use and Addiction (no real drugs or alcohol is allowed during events).
- Simulated Environmental Threats (Storms, Earthquakes, Plagues, Starvation, and Drought).
- Simulated Post-Apocalypse Crafting, Economy, and Politics.
- Simulated Psychological Role-Play (real psychological conditions are not used but instead inspiration from multiple different forms of mental illness are melded together for world specific content).
- Simulated Religious Conflict (A parallel to conflicts of religious ideology via game specific religions without using real world religious sources or content).
- Slavery (consented; as Player Characters and NPCs, for Role-Play purposes only).
- Splatter Modules (specific modules with forewarning that could get debris on the player).
- Strainism (A parallel to racism that does not use real world racist terms, but is used as a parallel to discrimination).
- Survivor Settlement Simulation (Family, Friends, Faith, Alliances, Enemies, Loss, Living Drama).
- Twenty Four Hour Character Immersion.
- Vehicle Concentration (simulated and real vehicles, the latter with permission only).
- Wartime Simulations.
Does Not Contain:
Any content (themes, discussion, jokes, or conversation) that relates to sexual abuse or assault.
Real world violence or non-consensual physical contact.
Use of real world terms or segregation based on any “ism” or bias (Racism, Sexism, Gender Bias, etc).